Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quick Hamburger Stroganoff

This is a great hardy recipe for busy moms out there. I made it last night and was delighted to see no leftovers!

1 lb. ground beef (substitute ground turkey for leaner meal)
1 medium onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 ounces canned mushrooms (water drained)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
egg noodles

Brown the ground beef with onion and garlic.
Drain off the grease.
Add the cream of mushroom, canned mushrooms, and salt to the mixture.
Stir and allow to simmer over low heat for appx. 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the sour cream.
Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Serve with canned or fresh veggies and you have a very quick nutritious meal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will not believe this but I made almost that same recipe two nights ago!!!! I used a home made gravy with sour cream and NO mushrooms beacuse one little one has changed his mind about them.

Dana said...

You are kidding???!!! That is so crazy! I tried to slip the mushrooms by the 10 year old and I guess I was successful as he usually picks those types of things out! Email me your homemade gravy recipe--that sounds soo good!!

My Paper World said...

Mmmm! sounds fab! Love your pumpkin photos too, very cute!