Monday, October 15, 2007

Great Waffle Recipe

My husband bought me a waffle maker from Williams Sonoma (one of my favorites) for our anniversary! I was so thrilled to use it for the first time this past weekend. I tried the recipe below and they came out really, really good. We had with fresh strawberries and peaches and some breakfast sausage. I actually expected a disaster for our first use but was pleasantly suprised at the results,..no pics but I used the recipe below. Tristan helped me prepare the night before so I has some help from some little eager hands..:)

Prep. Time: 8:30
Serves: 6

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 egg OR equivalent of egg substitute
3/4 cup half and half cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract




-Combine flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
-Cream together sugar, shortening, and egg with an electric mixer.
-Slowly beat in half and half, buttermilk, and vanilla.
-Slowly beat in dry mixture.
-Cover and refrigerate overnight.
-Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a preheated, greased waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.

Notes: Right after pouring batter onto waffle iron, sprinkle 1/4 cup pecan halves over the batter for the Waffle House's® Pecan Waffles.

Make It A Meal: Serve with Breakfast Sausage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't own a waffle iron, but have wanted one. I don't know why I don't finally get one. Your recipe sounds yummy. When I finally get a waffle iron I will have to remember to come back and try this recipe. ((Hugs))