Friday, September 28, 2007

Princess Ana




You can ask my husband and he will tell you that my favorite room in the house is Baby Ana's!
I was putting her in her crib the other evening and became a bit saddened to realize that sometime sooner than later it will be replaced with a "big girl bed"..The lump in my throat is all too familiar..I just remember us creating this castle fit for a princess. I used to just sit in the room before she was born imagining how she would look curled up in her crib, even imagined her as a toddler playing house, kitchen, and yes the tea parties! For a brief moment,I was taken back about 25 years.. Perphaps it's the time Jim and I spent going over colors (trying to choose soothing), patterns, and then Pottery Barn Kids. I waited and waited for this bedding to go on sale!! We finally went with a butterfly/dressup theme so that she could grow into it over the years. We put a chair rail in the room and painted Southern Beauty (Behr) pink on top and Celery Sprig Green on bottom half. I know there are clever marketing opportunities with those names.. Southern Beauty had me hook, line, and sinker. To finish, a subtle butterfly mural was painted throughout and a dress up theme (mural) surrounded the little window in her closet. The curtains around her windows are actually painted! i couldn't have been happier with the finished product thanks to having a handy, sometimes patient (sometimes not) husband it was a ll done rather reasonably.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room. And you did all the work yourselves. Bravo!!!


email me sometime.