Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chicken marsala and Aunt Sweetie

My husband received a very welcome and deserved promotion at work last week. He has been wanting to go to Carabba's so we went out last night to celebrate! My parents joined us with my aunt who is also in town for 19 days! I am so excited because she is my very favorite aunt. We have many great memories together,I just adore her! Anyways, the food was ok. I have to say the pizza was a bit mediocre but the bread and the dipping sauce superb. I actually already knew this as I found their olive oil recipe for their bread dipping sauce online once and was able to re create. Sometimes, when you try to duplicate those recipes, there is something notably missing and everyone at the dinner table just politely smiles as if to thank you for at least trying! That was the case with the Alice Springs Chicken (from Outback) I tried to duplicate. My huband still says he loved it. Back to last night though, the fellowship was warm and we shared many laughs with Aunt Sweetie as usual. The evening was cut short thanks to little Baby Ana, Jimmy had to box his chicken marsala..ahhh, the many joys of parenthood!

No comments: