Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall has finally arrived in Texas!

Last night was one of our first true fallish evening here in Texas! Yes, I am envious of you folks in other parts of the country this time of year but just yesterday the familiar chill I have missed so much was back in the air. It was a great opportunity for Ana to get some fresh air and for me to survey the damage that the summer did on our back yard! We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year and hope to turn the back yard into somewhat of an enjoyable setting for fellowship and a place for all the kids to run wild. Trust me when I say we aren't there yet! The dead grass, overgrown potted plants from the spring, crushed Easter egg pieces (yes, I am so embarrassed I found these in one far corner of the yard), and the lovely pitcher's net that had to be retired
due to balls ending up in the neighbor's yard..All this being said, I know that we can turn it back around quickly. A few Fall flowers and some good fertilizer can go a long way! I think Thanksgiving is 5 weeks (?) and counting...

May your home be a place where friends meet, family gathers and love grows.

-- Author:UKNOWN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Like the new look.
I changed the layout on my blog at least 12 times. So far I have kept with this one the longest.
Is this web site official? Do you know this tara? We could use some extra income at the present moment!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I remember the look of the grass and trees during fall in Texas!!
Yes we do usually go apple picking this time of year. The season opens in September and ends by November.
Thsi year the apples were not that great due to bugs :-(
Good luck with your Thanksgiving get together. I would love to hold a true outdoor Thanksgiving gathering but too cold or wet here during that time of year.
Not that the very First Thanksgiving was warm, RIGHT?!

Dana said...

I don't actually know who Tara is??