Thursday, September 13, 2007

Why?

Today was a day of "whys" for me..I found myself offering it all up..Why did I live so far from work?? Why did I have to work in the first place? Why did Ana's poo end up all over my white work pants I'm not even sure I should be fashionably wearing after Labor Day anyways?? Why did my dad's car say "empty" and make a new tinkering noise when I first revved it up this morning? Why? Why? Why??..and then I turned on Father Frank Pavone on the Catholic radio. He is often challenged with the why question. "Father, why is my son a drug addict?".."Why did my husband die so young and leave me to raise all 5 children alone?" Father Pavone challenges us to see the redemptive grace that can be obtained from trial and even mundane daily challenges such as baby poo on pants. He reminded us that noone will espace this life without suffering and tribulations.There is always grace in suffering if you are open to it..Sometimes I forget how truly blessed I am...

No comments: